If you saw my Instagram on Tuesday, you may have heard that I’ve been dealing with some crazy unexpected circumstances this week.Â My computer crashed unexpectedly and of course, as with most things like this I had not adequately prepared for such a thing to happen.
After a few days of incredible annoyance and false hopes, the verdict was in: it was all gone. I freaked out for about 10 minutes and then as my friend Arleigh says, “dried it up” and moved forward. It has a gut wrenching feeling to think “my life is on my computer” â€“ my photos, memories, pictures I was laughing that I had scanned in back in high school from disposable camera days… and being someone who lives memories through pictures I was devastated at first.
I was leaving the computer recovery place after my hopes of salvage were crushed and realized … you know what? Everything I lostÂ is material. I still have the memories (at least for now) and surprisingly these days you would be shocked at how many things you can just re-download and recover. With the support of my friends and family and some wonderful people at a place in Midtown thatÂ helped replace my hard drive, in just a few days I realized things would be just fine.
Every now and then, a real “refresh” is absolutelyÂ necessary. In all seriousness, I hate to admit but it was kind of a welcome excuse to take a complete mental vacation post-a crazy work week and literally watch 2 seasons ofÂ a show on Netflix â€“ something I almost never do. I’m disappointed in the things that were lost, but in the past few years have learned to just keep moving forward. The things that used to get me down or stress me out seem to have less of an effect on me (or at least a shorter one).
So here’s toÂ a fresh start, less clutter, and so much to look forward to next week when I’m caught up! Enjoy the weekend! xo
SHOP WEEKEND SALES
- A natural stone pendant is a great way to do “statement” in a bit of an understated way. I love this one from Anthropologie that’s on sale right now!
- There are tons of tops on sale over at Piperlime since they’re weeks away from shuttering their doors. A pair of ripped skinny jeans, a floral maxi, and a mini dress are all on my list of things to pick up this Spring!
- Pom poms and stripes.. two of my favorite things! I’m lovingÂ a spring scarf over at J.Crew to pair with a crisp white blouse and jeans. If that’s not your thing, there’s a sweet gingham infinity scarf on sale too
- I’ve been looking high and low for the right pieces in this pale shade of blueÂ that I’m seeing at stores everywhere and this wrap skirt is perfect (and comes in petite
- If you’re on the hunt for some warmer weather shoes, Madewell is running aÂ 25% off promotion for some of their d’orsay flats, sandals and more!