Happy Monday! I spent the weekend bundled up and enjoying one of the most gorgeous blizzards in New York City history. I had a bit of downtime to spend finally catching up on some things I’ve been wanting to do.. one of which is update my site design a little bit!
There are aÂ few exciting changes over here that may seem subtle, butÂ should make a big differenceÂ in your experience with more to come over time. Sometimes it’s not a big leapâ€“just a few little steps towards what I’d like to see in the end.
Most of the changes are just making it easier for you guys to find things and explore the site! I’m working on some new content and you’ll be able to find some of the good stuff on a new page for learning new things. Just think of it as a home for tips & tricks that I share. There’s some changes to the navigation and there’s a new shopping section in the sidebar for those of you (like me) looking for things on a budget.
The last change is that I’m going to start a new series on Monday’s called “5 Happy Things“. It’s always a bummerÂ saying goodbye to the weekend and I’ve found one of my favorite things to doÂ on Monday is just recap all of the fun things that happened and focus on the positives going into a new week. A lot of times I find new andÂ interesting brands, inspiring photosÂ or just haveÂ littleÂ updates that make me smile from the weekends so I’m going to keep it short and sweet and hopefully give everyone something to look forward to to kick off the week. So without any further ado, here are my first five!
1. Flats are really hard for me to find. For some reason they always run big on my tiny little feet, making it impossible to find a nice pair. I’ve ordered a few and had to return themÂ but recently discovered an Italian suede flat company called MargauxÂ that I’m really excited to try. Now just to pick a color!
2. I haven’t pulled my snow boots out yet and it’s almost February.. until this weekend that is! I’m such a little kid when it comes to snow because we didn’t get a lot of it growing up in Dallas. It was a rare sight in the city seeing the entire city shut down and a white winterland. It never let up and snowedÂ so hard all day and all into the night.
3. These adorable little round bags from Brazil I discovered on Instagram kind of remind me of the 50’s and Palm Springs.. two things I’m a big fan of
4. We launched a new product over at Poppin (where I work!) last week and I snagged it with a few other little goodies for my desk. This year I promised myself I would stay more organized and this little sorter is going to do just that.
5. My latest manicure brought back one of my favorite shades of grayâ€“Essie chinchilly. It’s a great neutral and I had forgotten how much I love a gray manicure.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend full of deliciousÂ food & lots of laughs!
Thank you so much for sharing Margaux with your readers, Christine! Can’t wait to have you try a pair.
Wow! Those little round bags are adorable!
The Style Scribe
Aren’t they?! Just dying for it to be warm and to wear with sandals :)
I love this idea for a series, especially on a Monday – what a great way to kick the Monday blues!
Absolutely love those Orna bags, so simple yet bold and I love the “On a Budget” sidebar addition.
So glad you were able to enjoy the snowstorm, not going to lie I was soooo jealous because we got literally NOTHING here in Chicago!
xo Mary-Katherine | http://www.goldhattedlover.com
I’m glad you like all of the updates! Thanks for your support :) I heard Chicago was a letdown this past weekend snow wise but I’m sure you guys will get some eventually like this too!
I absolutely love the concept of listing 5 happy things, especially at the beginning of the week when it’s harder to be upbeat! Thanks for sharing:)
So glad you like it! :)