Whoa. Lots of news in the world today! Some of it is rather important (the House passing the tax cuts), and some of it is not so important (Tony Romo getting engaged to Candice Crawford last night). Since there is quite an abundance of interesting snippets of info, here are some of the best stories of the day!
- After a lot of speculation and hoopla, Congress passes the Tax Hike Prevention Act of 2010
- Larry King ends a record 25 years at CNN with a Guinness World Record of hosting the longest running show on the same network in the same time slot
- Tony Romo tries to stay in the engagement game since he can’t play football by proposing to Candice Crawford on her 24th birthday last night at five sixty in Reunion Tower (she’s a Dallas native who went to TCA, also the sister of Chace Crawford of Gossip Girl)
- Russian Vogue has featured Alina Kabayeva (in Balmain that we have seen over and over again) on its latest cover, the 27 year old rhythmic gymnast/mistress to Vladmir Putin who reportedly has his child last year- it may lead to the public acknowledgement of his trespasses. Who says fashion can’t influence politics?
- ATM installed in Boca Raton, Florida that spits out gold
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are expecting twins… oh boy
- Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are apparently ending their marriage (that I often forget existed to begin with since she is always playing mistresses in her movies)
- Carine Roitfeld is leaving French Vogue on a high note after 10 years as Editor-in-Chief