ok ladies, prepare yourselves! a very, very rare occasion is upon us. tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. MST one of my favorite online shopping websites will be hosting a very exclusive sale for an iconic brand that you will rarely ever find at a discounted price.
A high end luxury boutique that carries pret-a-porter luxury clothing and accessories called Madison Avenue Couture will be featured tomorrow on Rue La La. This means that tomorrow, for 48 hours you could get your hands on one of a kind, barely used Chanel bags, accessories and clothes for up to 70% off!
If you’re not familiar with Rue La La or any of these other ‘auction-style-daily-sale’ websites such as Gilt, Ideeli, or HauteLook then I’m about to rock your world, because this discovery was one of the best things that ever happened to sale shopping, and you don’t have to set foot in a store!
So here’s the scoop:
- These websites carry many designer brands of clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, home goods, hotels/travel packages and even children’s clothing at discounted prices… anywhere from 50-90% off at times
- Every day they have certain brands on sale that you can view ahead of time and “preview” some of the merchandise
- The sales start promptly at the same time everyday (9 a.m. MST for Rue La La and HauteLook, 10 a.m. MST for Gilt and Ideeli)
- There are limited quantities of what they have on sale, so if it’s a good sale it goes FAST. I mean, it’s appalling how fast.
- Most of them have pretty good return policies for money back or credit, but read before you purchase because sometimes they have final sale items that cannot be returned
- The sales only last for a limited amount of time – 24 or 48 hours so once it’s gone, it’s gone! Rue La La will have blowout styleathons where they have all leftover merchandise on sale for a day or two but they’re final sale at that point
- It is free to sign up, but sometimes you have to “wait” for them to give you a login
I have made purchases from all four websites (except Rue La La even though I feel like they have a great selection) and have had great experiences with every single one. I have even had to return a few things, and it was really easy and I only had to pay to ship it back. I have gotten Burberry, BCBG Max Azria, Kensie, Lucca Couture, and many other great brands at really discounted prices through these sites. I think my best deals so far have been as low as $10 (the vest I wore in NYC here) and my most recent purchase of black skinny jeans, originally over $200, for $17!!!! You seriously cannot beat that.
They have a wide variety of stuff… I think the best things (aside from regular clothes) if you know your size are evening wear (sometimes they have the likes of BCBG Max Azria, Aidan Mattox, Tadashi, Phoebe Couture, Sue Wong, Valentino, etc.), shoes, jewelry (Neil Lane, Judith Ripka, Amrita Singh), bags, and gifts/home goods (Arthur Court, Lenox, Cusinart, Kitchen Aid).
If you want to sign up ASAP and not wait, contact me at the e-mail on the blog and I will invite you so that you can start shopping on any one of these websites right away!
P.S. – If you’re feeling apprehensive about these “mad dash” sales, rest assured because even fashionistas that you may read about shop these sites. A recent interview with Lauren Conrad in People revealed that her fave place to shop for bargains is Gilt.com!