Are You a Follower of Fashion?
Edited by: Ann of Holier than Now
Last week marked the end of New York Fashion Week. Post-show, the editors, buyers and bloggers went to work to define and list the trends, hoping we’ll follow along. But for many of us, the sheer shirts of Spring ’11 were are about as realistic for our wardrobes as a meat dress. Instead, we looked outside of Lincoln Center at the street style of individuals, hoping to find the inspiration to zig when everyone else is zagging. This week’s post celebrates the path less … followed, with counterpoints on everything from current trends to blogger compensation and competition.
Links a la Mode: September 23
- Any Second Now: Dolly Bats & Clobber at Bona Drag
- A Pretty Penny: Newsprint Manicure
- Beauty and The Recession: They Put WHAT in Your Lipstick?
- Beautifully Invisible: The Meat Dress: Fashionable, Art or Just Controversial?
- Beyond Fabric: How To Pull Off A Bow Tie
- Cloud of Secrets: Wishing for a Spirit Style Guide
- Despising Life is So Passe: The Glories of Thigh Highs (and How to Make Them Work)
- Gretchen Blogs: When To Work For Free
- Holier than Now: Animal Print, Rainbow Hair, Layers – It Must Be Fall ’10. Or Is It?? A Contest.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Evolving Influence Recap: Love & Links
- It’s Symmetrical: A Shopping Revelation Inspired by an Anonymous Comment
- My Closet In Sketches: Unlikely Combinations for Fashion Inspiration
- Oranges and Apples: On Competition in the Blogosphere
- The Button Owl: On Liberation in the Age of Implants, Pornography and Pole Dancing
- The Chic Addict: A Pale Skin Girl in a Tan Obsessed World
- The Column of Samantha Tyler: A (Sarcastic) Look at Winter’s Hot Trends
- The Daily Julie: fashionSpark: Fashion Design, North Carolina Style
- The Pursuers: A Love Letter to Legwear
- Tickle Me Chic: Labels that Lie: How Vanity Sizing has Become an Epidemic
- View from 5 ft. 2: New York Fashion Week Street Style – The Pictures You Haven’t Seen
- Violet Revolution: Edgy and Stylish Fall Fashion