– Mercedes Benz Fashion Week kicked off today with the likes of Nicholas K, Project Runway, Christian Siriano, Concept Korea and Richie Rich starting the week off right
– Jessica Simpson was the guest judge for the finale of the Project Runway Season 8 – Jordin Sparks and Betsey Johnson spotted in the crowd at the show where 10 contestants displayed creations (7 of them decoys and 3 real finalists so that no one will know the truth until October 28 when the show airs)
– NY socialite Tinsley Mortimer opened for Richie Rich show with Ellen Degeneres closing the show
– Chanel’s party in SOHO was the place to see and be seen… Karolina Kurkova, Blake Likely, Claire Danes, “Bag Snob”, and “Sea of Shoes” in attendance
– Fashion Night Out is tomorrow evening and will have events all over the globe (not just in NY) – it’s Anna Wintour + the whole fashion industry’s attempt to stimulate shopping despite the economic woes. Check out the Fashion Night Out fashion show that will air on CBS on Tuesday September 14!
– H&M says the “UK will never sleep again” as it launches it’s online store in the UK and has given VIP members access to the site that wasn’t supposed to launch until September 16. Word on the street is they may be launching a US online store soon as well – this could be the best thing that ever happened to online shopping.
– Lanvin to team up with H&M for a special line that will be unveiled November 2 through the H&M website, November 20 in North American and November 23 in the rest of the world. Be on the move to an H&M store because this line will go FAST!
Will be bringing you my own “coverage” of what I see and love this weekend at NY Fashion Week! Follow me on Twitter for updates!