Taking Care Of: Your Skin
When I moved to Chicago, I had to really hone in on a solid skincare routine. This dry and windy weather was a drastic change for me and I knew that it was important to find the right products to help me fight it. I discovered several of these products from the Lucky FABB conference last September in our amazing goody bags full of beauty products and have been in love ever since. A few years back I got my first ever (and only) facial when I was living in Denver, and learned that I had combination skin – dry + oily. It basically just means that my skin is dry but my T-zone (nose, forehead, chin) can get oily. Over time I’ve finally come up with a solid list of favorites that I thought would be fun to share. So, here are the products I’ve discovered and the routine I’ve come to love – enjoy!
1. I start my mornings by cleansing with Bliss Triple Oxygen Cleansing Foam – I just use 2 pumps and lather first without using water. It feels like silk and you really do feel the difference the Oxygen aspect makes. Then rinse with water!
Bliss Triple Oxygen Cleansing Foam, $28 (originally c/o Lucky FABB)
2. After pat drying my face, I apply Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye Contour Serum underneath my eyes. I’ve always been a night owl and am also starting to take preventative action on my undereyes now. It’s fabulous – I’ve used it for about a year and have noticed a huge difference.
3. Before I apply my makeup, I use Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase Wringle Repair Daily Lotion with SPF 30 as my base moisturizer. The reason why I love this so much as a moisturizer is because the consistency is thicker than most moisturizers. I found that most others where thin and oily and created a slippery base under my makeup. This is perfect, especially for days when you just wear powder. It also has SPF which is very important to me in looking for a daily moisturizer.
Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase Wrinkle Repair Daily Lotion with SPF 30, $29 (originally c/o Lucky FABB)
4. Upon returning home and winding down, I will re-use the Bliss cleansing foam (#1) and then use a cotton round & a quarter size of the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic. I sweep my entire face and pick up all of the excess makeup and dirt that a normal cleanser can’t find. Toners are also great for keeping your skin tone in check, and this one in particular is hydrating and doesn’t leave your skin feeling dried out.
5. About 2-3 times a week I follow up with H20 Sea Clear Refining Facial. This is amazing for people who don’t want to go get facials, but need to remove the dull and dead skin on a regular basis leaving your healthy skin to glow. You apply a dime size on dry skin and you can see your dead skin come off. Sounds gross, but it’s great!
6. I’ve always had extremely dry skin and religiously have to apply lotion to my whole body. When I discovered Kiehl’s Creme de Corps, my long search for the best lotion on the market finally came to an end. This stuff is seriously the best. I loved it so much that I bought the biggest bottle you can buy – totally worth it because I’ve had it for over a year.
Kiehl’s Creme de Corps, $11+
7. To keep my undereye area moist at night, I apply Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment before bed. It has avocado in it and the good oils help soften your undereye area as you sleep.
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment, $28.50
8. Finally, I seal the deal with Avon Anew Genics Night Cream. It only takes a little – I just apply a light layer over my whole face, but it goes on so smoothly and that’s when I truly feel like I’m ready for bed. Typically I can make it 6 months with just one container.
Avon Anew Genics Night Cream, $38 (originally c/o Lucky FABB)
I hope you enjoyed my favorite products! Definitely shoot me a message or comment if you end up trying any of these, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Next up will be haircare and my favorite products + routine. Happy Halloween!